Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. How much OmegaBrite should people take?
- 2. How long does it take to see results?
- 3. How long does a box last?
- 4. How is OmegaBrite tested for the percentage of Omega-3?
- 5. How is OmegaBrite different from other products on the market?
- 6. How do I know if I should use an Omega-3 supplement?
- 7. What general health benefits are associated with Omega-3 fatty acids?
- 8. Is Omega-3 fish oil important for children?
- 9. OmegaBrite Omega 3 has no like side effects
- 10. OmegaBrite Omega-3 and Fish oil are food products, FDA GMP compliant and are not drugs.
- 11. Are you USP verified?
- 12. What is the suggested usage?
- 13. 350 mg of pure EPA is in each tiny easy to swallow capsule
- 14. What is EPA the omega3 eicosapentanoic acid ?
- 15. Benefits in bipolar disorder, major depression and Omega-3
- 16. Can I take more or what if I need more? Yes
- 17. Omega-3 fatty acids are a food product and can be taken with medications of course always alert your physician.
- 18. Can't I just eat more fish?
- 19. If you canot swallow a gelcap you can puncture the gelcap with a safety pin or order our good tasting OmegaBrite Kidz.
- 20. We recommend always checking with your health care provider with any diet or nutrition product.
- 21. Fish oil and EPA are safe and natural for your body to regulate your platelets and have not been found in large meta analysis to ever cause bleeding. We always recommend working with your health care providers
- 22. Does OmegaBrite contain flax seed oil?
- 23. How much DHA is in each capsule and serving size?
- 24. Omega-3 fatty acids aer essential anf important for pregnant or lactating women to supply OMega-3 DHA and EPA to both the mother and baby
- 25. How much vitamin E should I take with OmegaBrite?
- 26. OmegaBrite tested for and free of Mercury. Mercury stays with the fish protein and is not found in the fish oil. We test every lot with a thrid party outside laboratory for purity.
- 27. Is it true that Vitamins E and C may help Omega-3 fatty acids work better?
- 28. Flaxseed oil is excelent but it is a 18 chain carbon fatty acid and human beings are not good at lengthening this to the important 20 chain EPA and 22 chain DHA which are importnat for health.
- 29. I heard Omega-3s are good for my heart. OmegaBrite high EPA high Purity and High Conentration is excellent for your heart and has no after taste.
- 30. OmegaBrite has been selected by prestigious Universitys such as Harvard Medical School, Ohio State, UCLA and others for research due to the purity of OmegaBrite and the strength and excellence of the parent company making OmegaBrite for 10 years.
- 31. At what temperature should OmegaBrite be stored? Room temperature, out of sunlight or heat.
- 32. What is lipid Peroxidase?
- 33. What is DHA?
- 34. What is Arachidonic acid (AA)?
- 35. What is Alpha linolenic acid (ALA)?
- 36. What fish is OmegaBrite from?
- 37. Selecting an Omega-3 supplement
- 38. What is OmegaBrite source of vitamin E?
- 39. OmegaBrite Ingredients
- 40. OmegaBrite and the expiration date
- 41. OmegaBrite and medications
- 42. Will Omega-3 fatty acids help people with only mild (subclinical) depressive symptoms?
- 43. What is your shipping time?
- 44. What is OmegaBrite?
- 45. What is an Omega-9 fat?
- 46. Where do Omega-3s come from?
- 47. How do I know if I need more?
- 48. What is a saturated fat?
- 49. What are the benefit of omega-3 vs omega-6?
- 50. What should people look for in a supplement?
- 51. Why is nitrogen important in making OmegaBrite?
- 52. Why do we need Omega-3s?
- 53. Can I take OmegaBrite with me even though it wont be refrigerated?
- 54. Does OmegaBrite contains seed oils such as Borage, Black Currant, Evening Primrose, etc.
1. How much OmegaBrite should people take?
As with any supplement, you should check with your health care provider regarding dosage. However, for overall health, 3 capsules per day is generally adequate. The proper dosage for the mood elevating and mood stabilizing effects of Omega-3 fatty acids are still being worked out in research studies. Many doctors report using 4 capsules a day in ADD and 6 capsules a day in depression or mood disorders. For bipolar disorder and unipolar major depression, somewhere between 1 -2 grams per day of EPA should be effective for most people. In general, starting low and then moving up on the dosage gradually over a 4-6 week period is advisable. You should work with your health care provider if you plan to use doses higher than those recommended on the package.
2. How long does it take to see results?
Each person has a different individual response and results can be seen in as little as two days or can take up to several weeks. Be patient as to balance the Omega-6 in your body it may take up to 2-3 months. You may also feel improvement on a higher dose so you may increase from 3 capsules to 4 or 6 over several weeks. You may continue to see further improvements over a much longer period of time as your body is replenished with the Omega-3s in OmegaBrite. Some people will notice a difference right away. It is important to take OmegaBrite every day to build your Omega-3 levels.
3. How long does a box last?
Based on the recommended serving of three capsules per day,a box will last 20 days. Why then did we make the box with 60 capsules? We did this as many people found they felt best on 4 -6 capsules a day which led us to make the box with 60 capsules. If you take 4 capsules a day a two boxes will last a month. This is how we came to make our boxes with 60 capsules as so many people liked 4 capsules per day for mood, for joint comfort, for cognitive clarity, and cardiac health. Each individual is different and can take 3 capsules a day and see how they feel and increase the dose until they have the desired effect. OmegaBrite is safe for adults and children.
4. How is OmegaBrite tested for the percentage of Omega-3?
It is tested by a gas chromatography testing and other test to ensure purity and potency and concentration by third party outside laboratory testing of every batch. Part of OmegaBrite quality control procedures includes third party testing of the fatty acid profile.
5. How is OmegaBrite different from other products on the market?
OmegaBrite has many important differences from typical fish oil or other Omega-3's-Most important are Purity, Concentration, and High EPA
1. OmegaBrite makes the the most highly concentrated fish oil product available. OmegaBrite Gelcaps are concentrated by the most advanced distillation process to create the purest oils of the highest concentration or specific Omega-3, with more than 90% Omega-3 fatty acids and over 70 % EPA for a pure Omega-3 with no aftertaste. We do not flavor or enterically coat our OmegaBrite gelcaps-because we do not need to, there is no after taste because we take tremendous care in making OmegaBrite Omega-3 oils and capsules. No need to add Lemon or enterically coat to cover up poor manufacturing. Our OmegaBrite Kidz comes in 2 excellent flavors Tutti Frutti and Orange Cream. Adults also can take OmegaBrite Kidz Liquid. We are making wonderful small chewables capsules and we are excited for these to come out very soon. OmegaBrite is more than 4 times more concentrated than other products and is a true Omega-3 supplement not a plain fish oil. OmegaBrite is highly purified and fish oils are not. Compare this careful advanced purification to the other products on the market, which are only low concentrates and often made with a hexane and heat process and no nitrogen, leading to oxidation and bad taste. The high concentration means you need to take less OmegaBrite capsules to get the Omega-3 you need. Other companies make huge capsules. We make tiny gelcaps because they are easy to swallow and safer.
2. OmegaBrite is processed and packaged under an oxygen-free environment. This results in less oxidation of the Omega-3 fatty acids, which means no aftertaste. Many brands process their fish oil in air, which leads to oxidation of the Omega-3 fatty acids. Oxidized fish oil is much like rancid butter and will have a fishy aftertaste. With Omegabrite there is no aftertaste. Just good health!
3. OmegaBrite 7010 has the specific high ratio of EPA to DHA (7 to 1) that many doctors and families find very effective. EPA (eicosapentanoic acid) and DHA (docosahexanoic acid) are the 2 Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil. DHA is important for infant brain development, and is found in high concentration in breast milk. After age 2-3, only small amounts of DHA are required to maintain health. EPA appears to be the crucial Omega-3 fatty acid in older children and adults. There is also substantial evidence that EPA is the active component that promotes positive mood in fish oil. OmegaBrite was designed specifically to raise and stabilize mood with high EPA and also with enough DHA to maintain healthy DHA levels, and an enriched EPA content to support a healthy nervous system and mood.
6. How do I know if I should use an Omega-3 supplement?
The omega-3 nutrients in OmegaBrite are beneficial to everyone. All people should increase the amount of Omega-3 in their diet. Omega-3's nutrients in OmegaBrite promote mood and emotional well-being, mental clarity, it protects cardiac health and lowers blood triglycerides, and it helps in almost every organ system in the body. The benefits of the Omega-3 nutrients in OmegaBrite are well established in the scientific literature. The American Heart Association recognizes the importance of the Omega-3s in cardiac health and in lowering blood triglyceride levels.
7. What general health benefits are associated with Omega-3 fatty acids? You name it, heart, vision, joint, mood, eye health, digestive, pulmonary and airway health, pancreatic and imune function and healthy hormones, energy, clarity and focus! Omega-3 are a fundamental cornerstone of our health and when we give our body back this important building block then positive health benefits are felt and seen!
Every cell in the body requires Omega-3 fatty acids to form normally functioning cell membranes - the envelope surrounding every cell. In addition to this structural role in the cell membranes, the Omega-3 fatty acids are converted into a class of compounds called the eicosanoids (e.g. prostaglandins). The eicosanoids have numerous functions in the body, including the heart, joints, blood vessels, and the brain. Consuming even moderate amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids reduces the rate of first heart attack by about 30%. In patients that have had a heart attack, Omega-3 fatty acids appear to reduce the frequency of fatal arrythmias (these electrical disturbances in the heart are the most common cause of sudden death during and after a heart attack). Omega-3 fatty acids also reduce the symptoms of a number of inflammatory diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis and Crohn's disease. In the blood vessels, Omega-3 fatty acids prevent the deposition of atherosclerotic plaques, which can lead to "hardening of the arteries" and heart disease. Omega3 promote healthy levels of triglycerides. Every day new health benefits are found from Omega-3 and so much more to be discovered! Check for yourself on pub med and enter the search terms omega-3 epa dha. Over 13,000 medical and scientific articles on omega 3 fish oil and health benefits!
8. Are omega-3 fatty acids important for children? Yes they are essential for neurodevelopment and some studies have been shown improved reading and math scores in certain populations of children. Omega-3s are food for the brain, heart and soul.
Yes. In fact, the Omega-3 fatty acid nutrients in OmegaBrite are a necessary building block for a child's brain and nervous system. There is emerging research to suggest that a nationwide deficiency of Omega-3 fatty acids is present in the United States and other developed Western nations. The implications of this deficiency may be enormous for heart disorder, asthma, arthritis and general health. This may be a large part of the reason for the epidemic of depression in children and adolescents. There is also evidence that boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) are deficient in Omega-3 fatty acids. Controlled studies of omega-3 fatty acids in children with depression or ADHD are underway. In the meantime, because the Omega-3 fatty acids are so safe, adding OmegaBrite to your child's nutritional plan will benefit your child's health in many ways.
9. There are no drug like side effects of Omega-3 only good health and longevity
There are no drug-like side effects to OmegaBrite. People love OmegaBrite. It is best absorbed when taken with a meal. Rarely a person may have some GI distress usually taking a fish oil but taking it with food or dividing the dose helps this. OmegaBrite is extremely pure and protected from oxidation.
10. Omega-3 are a food product and are not a drug. Only drugs require FDA approval. It is essential to have pure and safe sources of Omega-3 and that was why Dr. Locke created OmegaBrite.
OmegaBrite is distilled and manufactured at FDA approved facilities according to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP). The FDA does regulate label claims and nutritional panels under the DSHEA act "Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act." OmegaBrite has been the leader in the Omega-3 world in creating the first high purity high concentration Omega-3 to the highest standards possible. OmegaBrite coined the terms pharmaceutical grade and pharmaceutical quality to describe this elevated standard for excellence and purity! As the leader in the Omega 3 nutritional supplement category, OmegaBrite has always been manufactured to meet and exceed GMP, which is the standard of manufacturing in the pharmaceutical industry. OmegaBrite is produced to bring the highest standards to the nutritional industry with our 3rd party and ConsumerLab.com verification. We are committed to excellence.
11. Can young children take OmegaBrite-Yes OmegaBrite omega-3 is essential food product and the capsules can be squeezed into pudding formula or applesauce
OmegaBrite's™ mission is to provide the consumer with clear information on quality, content and purity of all our products. OmegaBrite brings the highest standard of manufacturing, labeling and purity to the nutritional supplement industry.
OmegaBrite is the highest quality and concentration pharmaceutical grade Omega 3 product available to the consumer today. OmegaBrite is manufactured in approved GMP compliant facilities that meet our strict standards. OmegaBrite undergoes multiple molecular distillations to achieve the purity, 90% Omega-3 concentration, 70% EPA concentration and EPA to DHA ratio that make OmegaBrite unique.
As part of our internal Quality Control program every production lot of OmegaBrite is sent out for third party testing by us to ensure each lot meets our strict specifications. In addition to our strict internal Quality Control, we reinforce our quality standard and make it available to the public by subscribing to ConsumerLab.com for independent testing. The results of this testing are made public for consumers on the ConsumerLab.com website, ConsumerLab.com. There are many other testing program that companies can subscribe to. We chose to use ConsumerLab independent third party testing program as they publish the results for the consumer. We feel it is a critical part of our mission that the consumer has access to these test results rather than a simple stamp. The consumer can be the judge.
In addition to passing the ConsumerLab.com standard testing, at additional cost to our company we have chosen to have ConsumerLab.com do additional testing on PCB's to verify OmegaBrite's purity. We take this additional step to ensure that our customers have as much information as possible about the purity of OmegaBrite. OmegaBrite passes all ConsumerLab.com testing for content, accurate label claims and purity. The ConsumerLab.com seal of approval will appear on OmegaBrite packaging and website.
We invite you to visit ConsumerLab.com's Web site at www.consumerlab.com.
We appreciate your contacting OmegaBrite about our third party testing program to verify OmegaBrite label claims, content and purity.
If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
12. What is the suggested usage?
For optimal absorption the best time to take OmegaBrite 500mg capsules is with a full meal. It is recommended that you take the antioxidants and a multivitamin with minerals daily. In addition, fresh fruits and vegetables will provide additional bioflavonoid antioxidants, as well as other health benefits. For the best results, it is important to reduce your intake of transfatty acids completely, and continue with healthy omega-6 containing whole grains and decrease your intake of saturated and trans-fatty acids found in processed and fast foods. Canola oil and olive oil are recommended, in moderation, as cooking oils.
To support and promote mood elevation and emotional well-being, take 3 capsules per day, regularly with a meal. If you do not experience the benefits you desire within 2 weeks, you may need to increase your daily intake. Many people feel excellent and have great health on 3 capsules per day and know they are getting good Omega-3. To determine the proper level of OmegaBrite that works best for you start at 3 capsules per day. any individuals wishing to promote mood health find 4-6 capsules achieves excellent mood and also great joint comfort.
You may gradually increase the number of capsules up to 8 capsules a day as directed by your health care provider. M Many like a total of 2 grams of EPA per day which is 6 capsules. You may take all the capsules with one meal or split them up with meals. It is important to take OmegaBrite on a regular daily basis. Individuals vary in their time to achieve a response. Some people feel significantly better after several days, although most individuals take several weeks to a month to experience the health benefits from OmegaBrite.
The benefits continue to grow stronger over months and even years with daily use of OmegaBrite Omega-3.
To support and promote cardiac and physical well-being, take 3 capsules per day regularly with a meal.
To promote healthy and comfortable joint function, take 3 capsules per day regularly with a meal. You may increase the amount of capsules over several weeks, up to 8 capsules a day, until you experience the benefits of joint health and comfort that you wish to achieve, or as directed by your healthcare provider.
All matters regarding health should be supervised by a health care professional. If you are on medications, check with your doctor prior to starting any dietary supplement.
13. How much EPA is in each capsule and serving size?
Each OmegaBrite capsule contains 350 milligrams of EPA. A recommended serving size of OmegaBrite is 3 capsules and a serving contains 1050 milligrams of EPA.
14. What is EPA? The body's natural balance to inflammatory Arachodonic acid. EPA is an essential molecule for healthy immune function and cardiac, mood, joint, eye, and brain health.
C20 H30 O2 mw 302.45
EPA is a 20 carbon Omega-3 fatty acid with 5 double-bonds. Note the highly kinked structure of this polyunsaturated fat, which is found in high concentration in certain fish oils.
EPA directly competes with its Omega-6 counterpart, arachidonic acid, in many biochemical pathways. Arachadonic acid is converted into highly inflammatory compounds (eicosanoids), which are essential in certain conditions. But if arachadonic acid activity is overloaded or there is a lack of EPA, the inflammatory process can be out of balance.
EPA forms only mildly inflammatory compounds. These weaker EPA eicosanoids,resolvins along with EPA's inhibition of arachidonic acid conversion into the highly inflammatory eicosanoids produces many health benefits, including reduced rates of heart attack, less inflammatory disease, such as rheumatoid arthritis, and reduced depressive illnesses.
15. How do these results in bipolar disorder relate to the more common type of major depression?
Major depression is divided into 2 major types:
1. Unipolar major depression, where patients have one of more depressive episodes. Many patients have more than one episode. This is called recurrent unipolar major depression.
2. The other type of major depression is the depression seen in bipolar disorder (manic-depressive illness). These patients have major depressive episodes similar to that in unipolar depression, however, the patients with bipolar disorder also suffer from mania. Mania is a dangerous condition characterized by euphoric or irritable mood combined with increased energy, racing thoughts, rapid speech, poor social judgment, impulsive behaviors (such as spending sprees, snap decisions, sexual indiscretions, and other behaviors. In its most severe form, mania can result in psychotic symptoms (paranoia, hallucinations, or delusions), but most patients with bipolar disorder never become psychotic. Even though the study was performed in bipolar patients, Omega-3 fatty acids are effective in unipolar depression also research has shown and the American Psychiatric Association in their consensus statement finds OMega-3 with higher EPA to be a useful adjunctive. A number of studies examining the amount of Omega-3 fatty acids in the blood of depressed patients. Patients with unipolar depression have been shown to have low levels of Omega-3 fatty acids in their blood stream. In studies of different cultures around the world, it is clear that the countries with the lowest fish consumption (like the United States) have the highest rates of depressive illness and post partum depression and heart disease. Omega-3 are an important support for positive stable mood, increased cognitive function, improved reading and math scores and healthy neural function and memory support.
16. Can I take more or what if I need more?
People often increase the number of capsules after several weeks if they do not have the response they desire. You can safely increase your intake up to 8 capsules per day working with your health care practitioner may recommend that you increase your dose further.
17. Can omega-3 fatty acids be mixed with medications? Yes as Omega-3 is a food product and an essential building block of health. Work with your health care provider.
Yes, for anticoagulant (blood thinning) medications, such as Coumadin (warfarin) or high-dose aspirin or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, like aspirin, ibuprofen, and others. Check with your health care provider prior to using OmegaBrite. OmegaBrite and Omega-3 fatty acids in general can mix with any psychiatric medication very safely.
18. Can't I just eat more fish? IN many cases yes but if you want to achieve high EPA it is hard to do eating fish and fish also have higher levels of impurities than high purity Omega-3 OmegaBrite.
Yes, eating more fish would be a healthy choice for most Americans, However, data from the FDA's website suggests that freshwater fish in the United States is essentially inedible, due to industrial pollution leading to residues of heavy metals (e.g. mercury) and organochlorine carcinogens (e.g. PCBs). Ocean fish are more variable, with some species likely to be very clean, while others may be highly contaminated. It is difficult to make general guidelines regarding how much fish is safe. The alternative way to receive Omega-3 fatty acids is through supplements. OmegaBrite is derived from anchovies off the southern tip of South America. These small fish appear to be uncontaminated. As one moves up the food chain, more and more toxins can accumulate depending on the diet of the fish. Smaller size fish species, such as anchovies, are far down the food chain. Finally, OmegaBrite is a highly concentrated form of EPA and DHA, distilled from fish oil. OmegaBrite's distillation process would separate the EPA and DHA from any toxins anyway, if they were present. A reasonable recommendation would be to eat moderate amounts of fish combined with a highly concentrated Omega-3 supplement to ensure an adequate intake of Omega-3 oils.
OmegaBrite is manufactured as a gel cap, however, for customers who have difficulty swallowing pills/gel caps, we recommend piercing the gel cap with a sterilized pin and squeezing the oil into a liquid (juice, etc.) or pudding immediately prior to ingestion. This will not compromise the effectiveness of OmegaBrite. Also, customers can get the same Omega-3 purity in our OmegaBrite KIDZ liquid formula, available in two flavors.
20. Do I need to check with my doctor?
OmegaBrite is a safe natural highly purified source of Omega-3 essential nutrients in marine fish oil. In all matters concerning health it is always important to check with your physician before starting a new program.
21. OMega-3 and EPA are safe and provide healthy platelet function.
Just like aspirin (or Motrin, Advil, and the other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)), Omega-3 fatty acids can reduce the aggregation ("stickiness") of platelets. Platelets are necessary for blood clotting. Despite this theoretical risk, there are no established cases of excessive bleeding during Omega-3 fatty acid treatment. However, if you have hemophilia or a different bleeding disorder, or if you are receiving anticoagulants, such as Coumadin (warfarin) or high-dose aspirin or NSAIDs, check with your health care provider prior to using OmegaBrite.
22. Does OmegaBrite contain flax seed oil? No OmegaBrite contains EPA and DHA made by phytoplankton.
No OmegaBrite does not contain any flax oil, OmegaBrite is 90% Omega-3 essential fatty acids derived from marine fish oils. The fish oil is distilled from very small fish from the cold waters off the southern coast of South America. The omega-3 EPA + DHA are produced in phytoplankton. OmegaBrite is 70% EPA a 20 chain Omega-3 EFA and 10% DHA a 22 chain Omega-3 EFA. During distillation a small amount of very short chain Omega-3 and Omega-6 EFA are also distilled. The total Omega-3 is 90%. Flax seed oil is from a plant source and is a 18 chain Omega-3 EFA.
23. How much DHA is in each capsule and serving size? 50 mg per capsule and 150 mg per serving size of 3 capsules.
Each OmegaBrite capsule contains 50 milligrams of DHA. A recommended serving size of OmegaBrite contains 150 milligrams of DHA. Many people find they like the effect of 4 capsules per day. Each person is different.
24. Are omega-3 fatty acids important for pregnant or lactating women? Yes, they are extremely important as they provide for neural and eye development in the baby and protect the mother and allow her to provide her baby with these essential nutrients.
Yes. The Omega-3 fatty acids are absolutely necessary during pregnancy and lactation. Babies have an absolute need for the Omega-3 fatty acids for their brain and visual system development. Babies obtain their Omega-3 fatty acids from the mother through the placenta during pregnancy and from breast milk in the post-partum period. In fact, the baby will take the mother's supply of Omega-3 fatty acids, even if the mother is relatively deficient. This means that a new mother who has a low consumption of fish or other Omega-3 sources will become profoundly depleted after having a baby. There are research studies showing that this depletion will get worse with each pregnancy. Women giving birth to twins or triplets are even more susceptible to Omega-3 depletion. It is safe to say that all pregnant women should be receiving Omega-3 fatty acids.
Too much fish can expose the mother and baby to toxins found all too often in fish, such as heavy metals (e.g. mercury) or organochlorine carcinogens (e.g. PCBs). Therefore it may be safer to use an Omega-3 supplement that has been tested for purity such as OmegaBrite.
25. Take Vitamin D up to 1000mg a day for heart health
The most commonly recommended dose of vitamin E is 400IU, however a recent publication of a meta-analysis suggested that 200IU a day was sufficient. We recommend that you check with your health care provider for more information.
26. OmegaBrite is tested and free from Mercury meeting the strict California Proposition 65 and Council For responsible Nutrition
As part of our strict quality control program, we test every batch of OmegaBrite for dioxins, PCB's, Mercury and other heavy metals.OmegaBrite test results meet or exceed the purity standards of California Proposition 65 and the Council for Responsible Nutrition. Mercury stays in the fish protein and is found in large fish eaten such as tuna. You are safe with OmegaBrite.
27. Taking OmegaBrite with food helps absorbtion.
Antioxidants, such as Vitamins E and C, may prevent Omega-3 fatty acid oxidation in the body. This prevents the formation of so-called lipid peroxides, which are highly reactive and possibly damaging. This could possibly help maintain higher levels of Omega-3s. These vitamins are harmless, and appear to have their own health benefits when used as directed. A reasonable dosage of vitamin E is 400-800 IU per day, and for vitamin C, anywhere from 500 to 1000 mg per day has been commonly used.
28. I heard that flaxseed oil is just as good - and is more concentrated and tastes better. The problem is we cannot make the 18 chain of flax longer very well into the important 20 and 22 chain of EPA and DHA.
Flaxseed oil is a rich source of the Omega-3 fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). ALA is an Omega-3 fatty acid with a shorter carbon chain than EPA and DHA. This structural difference confers different biochemical properties to ALA. Some ALA gets converted in the body to EPA and DHA, but this conversion may not be adequate to meet the body's need for EPA and DHA. Flaxseed oil is also more palatable than typical commercially available fish oil, but has a stronger taste and odor than highly concentrated, distilled fish oil products, like OmegaBrite. There have been anecdotal reports of flaxseed oil precipitating mania or hypomania. There is no research data as yet supporting the use of flaxseed oil in depression, but several studies are underway.
29. I heard Omega-3s are good for my heart. Yes Yes Yes
Yes, OmegaBrite is 90% pure Omega-3s, the highest concentration available and is excellent for cardiac health. The American Heart Association recognizes the importance of the Omega-3s in decreasing your chance of a heart attack, decreasing your chance of sudden death and in lowering blood triglyceride levels. OmegaBrite contains 70% EPA, a natural inflammatory molecule that helps the body prevent Arthrosclerosis.
30. There is ongoing research on OmegaBrite at many academic hospitals that have chosen OmegaBrite for purity quality and excellence of the parent company Omega Natural Science for over 10 years.
Yes, a study at the Pediatric Psychopharmacology Research Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, was recently completed using OmegaBrite which showed it to be as effective as atypical antipsychotics in rapid reduction of mania in children.. OmegaBrite is also being used in several other studies at major medical centers on depression, ADHD and bi-polar disorder in adults and adhd, depression, bipolar and autism in children. Omega Natural Science, the maker of OmegaBrite, is committed to supporting scientific research. There is also a tremendous amount of research on the Omega-3 nutrients found in OmegaBrite.
31. At what temperature should OmegaBrite be stored? Room temperature out of direct sunlight or heat. There is no after taste so there is no need to freeze OmegaBrite but freezing it will not hurt the capsule if it is used within several months.
OmegaBrite is recommended to be kept at room temperature or below and out of direct sunlight, with as little humidity as possible.
32. What is lipid Peroxidase?
Most fish oils are manufactured in oxygen which causes them to be rancid. OmegaBrite is manufactured in a nitrogen environment to prevent any exposure to oxygen, protecting OmegaBrite's potency and freshness. In addition, a small amount of the antioxidant Vitamin E is added to OmegaBrite to further prevent oxidation.
As a part of OmegaBrite's commitment to quality control, each batch of OmegaBrite is third-party tested to insure potency and purity.
33. What is DHA?
C22 H32 O2 mw 328.
DHA is a 22 carbon Omega-3 fatty acid with 6 double bonds. Certain fish oils are rich in DHA.Note the markedly kinked chemical structure, which is characteristic of highly polyunsaturated fatty acids. DHA is crucial for neurological and visual development in the human fetus and newborn, and is found in high concentration in the brain throughout life
34. What is Arachidonic acid (AA)?
C20 H32 O2 mw 304.47
Arachidonic acid is 20 carbon omega-6 fatty acid with 4 double bonds. Omega-6 fats are polyunsaturated with the first double-bond beginning with the 6th carbon atom from the methyl end of the molecule.
35. What is Alpha linolenic acid (ALA)?
C18 h30 O2 mw 278.43An 18 carbon Omega-3 fatty acid with 3 double bonds. Alpha-linolenic acid is found in flaxseed and other plant oils. Note how just 3 double-bonds alters the chemical structure, making alpha-linolenic acid much more highly folded than an 18 carbon saturated fat.
36. What fish is OmegaBrite from?
The fish oils used in OmegaBrite originate mainly from small marine fish such as sardines or anchovies from cold clean waters off the coast of Chile.
37. Selecting an Omega-3 supplement
Selecting an Omega-3 supplement Choosing an Omega-3 supplement for yourself or for your family can be confusing. There are many products to choose from - with differing features, quality, and prices. A high quality Omega-3 supplement should have the characteristics listed below.
OmegaBrite is the only Omega-3 supplement that has them all:
a. High concentration: OmegaBrite is molecularly distilled to produce the highest concentration of Omega-3s available - 90%. Most brands contain only 30% Omega-3s.
b. High ratio of EPA to DHA. EPA appears to be the main active ingredient in Omega-3 supplements. OmegaBrite is enriched in EPA, and has the highest ratio of EPA to DHA (7 to 1) available. Most brands have a 3 to 2 ratio of EPA to DHA.
c. No mercury, PCBs, or other pollutants: OmegaBrite is guaranteed to be free of heavy metals and organic pollutants. The source of the Omega-3 oil in OmegaBrite comes from small fish in unspoiled waters, and the molecular distillation steps further ensure a highly pure Omega-3 oil.
d. Pharmaceutical grade: OmegaBrite is designated as Pharmaceutical Grade, because it is manufactured to exacting standards in a facility that uses GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) under FDA oversight.
e. Free from aftertaste: OmegaBrite began the practice of producing Omega-3 oils in an oxygen-free environment under a "blanket" of nitrogen. Oxygen from the air damages omega-3s, producing fishy-tasting rancid oil.
f. Easy to swallow capsules: The high concentration and high EPA content of OmegaBrite allows the use of a much smaller, easier to swallow 500 mg capsule. Compare this to huge capsule sizes (1000 to 1500 mg size) of most lower concentration brands.
38. What is OmegaBrite source of vitamin E?
We obtain our mixed tocopherol and Vitamin E from natural sources. The main source of our Vitamin E is from soybean oil that is identity preserved and non-GMO. The purification process removes triglycerides and proteins.
39. OmegaBrite Ingredients:
40. OmegaBrite and the expiration date
After the expiration date OmegaBrite will slowly oxidize and the omega 3's will break down. It is tested and certified to be at optimum quality for two years if kept at the recommended temperature and humidity levels.
41. OmegaBrite and medications
OmegaBrite can be taken with most medications. However each individual is unique and it is important to check with your healthcare provider regarding any food supplement when you are on medications. By FDA law we are unable to provide medical advice regarding the use of OmegaBrite. All questions regarding use of OmegaBrite and medications or particular health problems should be discussed with your health care provider.
42. Will Omega-3 fatty acids help people with only mild (subclinical) depressive symptoms?
Most Americans are depleted of Omega-3 fatty acids because of changes in our diets over the past 100 years. Many Omega-3 containing foods are not eaten anymore, such as wild game. Wild game (venison, etc.) has more than 7 times the Omega-3 content as domesticated cows, pigs, and chickens. In addition, many wild plants contain high levels of Omega-3 fatty acids, while many of the vegetables and grains we eat today have little or no Omega-3 oils. Finally, our consumption of fish has declined dramatically in recent decades. This overall depletion of EPA and DHA places people at risk for depressive symptoms. Thus, many individuals notice brighter mood from OmegaBrite. It may take up to two months and 4-6 capsules per day to obtain mood benefits. Some feel these improved mood right away.
43. What is your shipping time?
We usually ship within 2 to 3 business days. You should have your delivery in a week to 9 days
44. What is OmegaBrite?
a. OmegaBrite is simply the finest Omega-3 supplement on the market. No other Omega-3 supplement even comes close.
b. The OmegaBrite formulation is 100% natural, and was developed by doctors for to be the highest quality Omega-3 supplement available for you and your family.
c. OmegaBrite is a high EPA Omega-3 supplement. EPA is the most active anti-inflammatory Omega-3. OmegaBrite is nature's way to promote cardiac health, mental clarity, positive mood and emotional well-being, as well as healthier joints, better digestion, and to facilitate weight loss and overall good health.
d. Attention to quality at every step provides you with an extremely pure, 90% omega-3 essential fatty acid supplement. OmegaBrite is a Pharmaceutical quality Omega-3 dietary supplement. OmegaBrite is purified with multiple molecular distillation steps at FDA-approved pharmaceutical distillation facilities, with GMP ("Good Manufacturing Practices") certification. The oil undergoes multiple distillation steps to provide you with the high EPA level that is unique to OmegaBrite. OmegaBrite has a ratio of EPA to DHA of 7 to 1. OmegaBrite has been scientifically formulated to promote health and well-being with this proprietary high EPA formulation.
e. The Omega-3 in OmegaBrite starts with natural fish oil from small, short-lived, non-predatory fish in the clean waters of the Southern Pacific Ocean. Small fish that don't eat other fish and don't live for very long do not accumulate pollutants or toxins.
f. OmegaBrite is free of environmental toxins and free of heavy metals, such as mercury. OmegaBrite is tested at key points during the manufacturing process to ensure purity and Omega-3 concentration. The finished product is also sent for independent testing by ConsumerLab.com, with the results published on their website.
45. What is an Omega-9 fat?
C18 H34 O2 mw 282.46
Oleic acid is an 18-carbon fat of the Omega-9 class, because the first and only double bond begins at the 9th carbon from the methyl end of the molecule. It is considered monounsaturated because it has 1 double-bond. This double-bond produces a slight kink in the chemical structure.
46. Where do Omega-3s come from?
EPA and DHA are manufactured in the chloroplasts of certain phytoplankton (algae), and then concentrated in the fish as they feed on the phytoplankton. No vertebrate animal can make omega-3, omega-6, or omega-9 fatty acids, because we lack the enzyme that can put a double bond at the 3, 6, or 9 position of the fatty acid molecule. The concentration of EPA and DHA produced by the phytoplankton vary each year.
47. How do I know if I need more?
If you do not see results in two to three weeks gradually increase your dose. If you have further questions you may check with your health care provider.
48. What is a saturated fat?
Palmitic acid is an 18 carbon saturated fat. Note that the lack of double bonds produces a straight chain molecule. The carbons are saturated with hydrogens instead of double bonds. This straight chain structure is rigid, which is why palmitic acid and other saturated fats (e.g. lard) are solid at room temperature (a high melting point). In contrast, the multiple double bonds in polyunsaturated fats, such as the Omega-3 fatty acids, produce a very flexible molecule, which is liquid (oil) at room temperature (low melting point).
Omega-3 and Omega-6 are both essential for your health. They are essential dietary lipids.We need to take them in our diet. In balance.
Omega-6: Form pro-inflammatory series.
Omega-3: Form anti-inflammatory series.
Optimal dietary ratio: 1:1
Current "western" diet: Omega-6 >> Omega-3
49. What are the benefit of omega-3 vs omega-6?
Arachidonic acid (AA)
Eicosapentatonic acid (EPA)
|Omega-6 Derived eicosanoids||
|Omega-3 Derived eicosanoids|
sudden cardiac death
coronary artery disease
rheumatoid arthritis pain
50. What should people look for in a supplement?
There are several features in an ideal omega-3 fatty acid supplement:
Desirable Characteristics of an Omega-3 Fatty Acid Supplement† (Fish Oil)
|Highest concentration of omega-3 fatty acids||Yes||Supplements are available with omega-3 fatty acid concentrations ranging from 30 to more than 90%. OmegaBrite's highly concentrated oils require fewer capsules per day, and are highly purified and easy to take.|
|Highest concentration of EPA per capsule†||Yes||Clinical studies show that EPA is the active mood agent of fish oil. EPA also has anti-inflammatory actions and promotes heart and joint health and proper balance with Omega-6 Arachidonic Acid be competing as both are 20 chain carbon molecules. This competition is an important foundation of the balance of the inflammation anti-inflammation actions in the body.|
|High ratio of EPA to DHA†||Yes||Studies have shown that EPA is the active omega-3 fatty acid required in successful studies for positive mood and in depression, bipolar, ADD and other disorders. In addition EPA is important in immune balance. EPA is rapidly used by the body and must be replenished. A smaller amount of DHA is required by an older child or adult to maintain healthy tissue concentrations. Infants and pregnant or nursing women and elderly require more DHA.|
|Low omega-6 fatty acid and saturated fat concentration||Yes||In unconcentrated formulations, the composition of the remaining non-omega-3 fatty acid in the oil becomes more important. Many labels do not list the composition of other oils. You do not know what you are eating. A good brand will specify other oils and the source of the Omega-3. We list all ingredients in every capsule. We test every batch. We want you to have all the information you need to make an informed choice to take the highest quality and purity Omega-3 supplement for you and your loved ones.|
|Pharmaceutical Grade Purity||Yes||Indicates the highest grade of purity and manufacturing quality. GMP is required.|
|GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices)||Yes||GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) is required for pharmaceutical grade products, and ensures higher quality. We folllow GMP practices and are GMP compliant. We lead the industry in testing every batch for purity, label claim and concentration.|
|Color and smell of the oil||Yes||The Omega-3 oil should be clear and light yellow in color. A darker color can indicate many things. High quality fish oil has a slight marine odor and either no repeat or a very mild repeat. A strong fishy odor indicates rancidity. There should be no need to enterically coat a fish oil if it is made correctly. Enteric coating is used to cover the rancid after taste. Better to use a pure unoxidized product with no after taste like OmegaBrite.|
|Winterization||Yes||During the "winterization" process, the oil is cooled to a low temperature, causing saturated fats and other impurities to solidify and be removed.|
|Manufactured and encapsulated under nitrogen||Yes||Nitrogen preserves potency by preventing oxidation and rancidity of oil. Rancid oil smells and tastes terrible. OmegaBrite is protected by nitrogen and is very low inperoxide and has no after taste.|
|Peroxide value less than 4 at time of manufacture||Yes||A low peroxide value indicates the oil is not rancid. Lipid peroxides form when fatty acids are oxidized. This information should be available from the manufacturer.|
|The source of the fish oil, including the type of fish used and location of catch||Yes||Cold water, small oily fish contain the most omega-3 fatty acids. We use the small species, such as sardines and anchovies, lower on the food chain, and therefore are also less prone to accumulate environmental pollutants. Antarctic waters are among the least polluted bodies of water on earth. These factors are particularly important in brands that are not purified by distillation. We test every batch and have pure Omega-3 oil. Safe and trusted by doctors and customers for over 10 years. You can trust OmegaBrite.|
|Low cholesterol concentration||Yes||No or very little cholesterol. The presence and concentration of cholesterol is be listed on the label.|
|No cod liver oi||Yes||Avoid cod and other fish liver oils as the source of omega-3 fatty acids, since fish liver oil contains toxic amounts of vitamin A at higher dosages.|
|Presence of tocopherols (vitamin E) in the encapsulated oil as antioxidants.||Yes||Very small amounts of vitamin E (< 5 I.U.) or rosemary can help prevent oxidation and preserve the potency and freshness of the fish oil product.|
† As a general dietary supplement, pregnant women & newborns may require more DHA (omega-3). OUr new OmegaBrite Prenatal is excellent with high DHA is excellent. After delivery our high EPA OmegaBrite 7010 is excellent to provide mom with high EPA for mood support.
51. Why is nitrogen important in making OmegaBrite? Nitrogen protects Omega-3 molecules from oxidation from oxygen. Most manufacturers do not take this important step and often that is why they enterically coat the capsule to mask the rancidity. We always blanket and flush with nitrogen and use a proprietary Rosemary extract to ensure fresh Omega-3 molecules with no aftertaste.
We blanket the Omega-3 oil with Nitrogen during manufacturing to avoid oxidation and to preserve freshness and potency. This protects the fragile Omega-3 oil from oxygen.
52. Why do we need Omega-3s?
The effects of Omega-3 fatty acids from fish oil were studied in patients with bipolar disorder, to see if they were effective treatments. The importance of the results were that the Omega-3 oils were effective and safe in studies in both adults and children
This is the first time that a natural molecule, EPA, that our body needs from our diet, has been shown to be mood stabilizing and posiitve mood support people feel better.
The implications of this research may go much further than just bipolar disorder. The antidepressant effects of the Omega-3 oils may work in the more common type of depression, which is very common in our country.
Omega-3 oils are necessary for the normal function of the brain and nervous system. In the U.S. and other developed countries, we are often deficient in these essential nutrients and have high levels of unhealthy trans fatty acids. This may be the reason why the rates of depression have
increased so dramatically in the 20th century. We now have a way of understanding why the rates of depression have been rising and doing something about it. Supplementation with Omega-3 oils have the potential of helping a lot of people who are not getting them in their diet.
53. Can I take OmegaBrite with me even though it wont be refrigerated?
It is recommended to keep OmegaBrite at room temperature or below and out of direct sunlight, with as little humidity as possible. Do not freeze the capsules. Our capsules are very pure and have no after taste. There is no reason to freeze them like lower quality products to mask any problem. In fact, our Omega-3 is pure and protected by Nitrogen during distillation and freezing the capsules for an extended period can cause tiny fractures in the capsule and lead to oxidation. It is best to store OmegaBrite in a cool cabinet in your kitchen, by your bedside or in your bathroom- anywhere where it is easy for you to take your OmegaBrite every day as it is important to take daily.
54. Does OmegaBrite contains seed oils such as Borage, Black Currant, Evening Primrose, etc. OmegaBrite contains EPA and DHA and shorter chain Omega-3 and a tiny amount of Omega-6.
OmegaBrite does not contain any seed oils, OmegaBrite is 90% Omega-3 essential fatty acids derived from marine fish oils. The fish oil is distilled from very small fish from the cold waters off the southern coast of South America. The omega-3 EPA + DHA are produced in phytoplankton. OmegaBrite is 70% EPA a 20 chain Omega-3 EFA and 10% DHA a 22 chain Omega-3 EFA. During distillation a small amount of very short chain Omega-3 and Omega-6 EFA are also distilled. The total Omega-3 is 90%.